Last, February 20, 2016, eCommerce history was made at the Iloilo Convention Center, MegaWorld Blvd., Mandurriao, Iloilo City. The UREKA eCommerce Forum, the largest eCommerce circuit in the Philippines, was attended by 600 participants coming from different provinces in the Visayan Region. Compared from its last event in Baguio, the recent UREKA eCommerce Forum doubled its participants.The Forum started with the Philippine national anthem and an invocation sung by homegrown Iloilo talents. To liven up the crowd’s spirit, a group performed a Dinagyang presentation that totally wowed and amazed the crowd. It set the feel for the event on how it wanted to showcase local talent, product and skills. The event was hosted by Ms. Amor Maclang of Geiser Maclang. She is a Globally Award Winning Brand Architect, Risk/Crisis/Reputation Strategist & Marketing and Communications Innovator. At the event, there were several keynote speakers and expert industry leaders who shared their insights about the field they are currently in. Sheila Lina, President and CEO of Shopinas is one of the keynote speakers for the UREKA eCommerce Forum. She shared how UREKA shops easily makes online selling possible for SMEs with a combination of storefront, payment and logistics. She also gave a few tips on how to make your business stand out online. At the end of her presentation, she shared her personal piece of advice to SMEs, aspiring online business owners and students. She also dared them to become the next online business sensation. Other keynote speakers who participated in the event who shared their expertise were:
- The Mayor of Iloilo City who is Mr. Jed Mabilog,
- Congressman Jerry Trenas,
- UNIONBANK, First Ilonggo President, Mr. Edwin Bautista
- UnionBank Cash Management Product Head, Mr. Arvie de Vera
- Baguio SME Ambassador, Mr. Mark Louis “Maui” Fernando
- Co-Founder and CEO, SALt, Ms. Aisa Mijeno
- Provincial Director of DTI Capiz, Ms. Ermelinda Pollentes
- VP Strategic Marketing of TALAS, Ms. Kristine Fetalco
- Chairman of PHILDEV, Mr. Salvador “Dado” Banatao
The expert industry leaders that inspired the participants on the event were:
- The Executive Director of MyShelter Foundation, Mr. Illac Diaz
- Head Customer Mgt. of UNIONBANK, Mr. Jaypee Soliman
- SVP of AMTI, Mr. Bong Paloma
- CEO of GMCI, Mr. Brad Geiser
- COO & CTO of Dragon Pay, Mr. Robertson “Dick” Chiang
- Division Head of Air21, Ms. Yasmin Vasquez
- E-Commerce Education Specialist, Ms. Eireen Bernardo
While the speakers were sharing their thoughts and experiences, the eCommerce circuit was happening.This is the area where the SMEs get to create their own online store.Shopinas’ team of eCommerce Specialists supervised the circuit. Another history made that day was that all 83 SMEs who created and finished their online store that day were asked to go onstage. It was a proud moment for us to see a huge number of SMEs use eCommerce for their businesses. You can check their businesses and products at Urekashops. Before the event ended, we made a point to say thanks to students from Central Philippine University who assisted us on teaching SMEs on how to set up their business online. This event made possible by Unionbank and other consortium partners is getting bigger and better every time. We hope we can visit your hometown next, for us to empower and equip more SMEs and businesses in the Philippines with eCommerce.
Give your business the Ureka Moment and let more people discover it.
Where do you want the next Ureka eCommerce Forum to happen? Let us know your comments below.