After all the fun and excitement of the New Year celebration, it’s now time to sit down and reflect on what we want for ourselves in 2014. This time of year always brings us the promise of a fresh start, a chance to reinvent or reinvigorate ourselves, and to make the new year be even better than the previous one was.
Whatever your New Year resolution (or resolutions) may be, Shopinas can help you achieve these goals. For a start, here are 3 common New Year resolutions that most of us make, and some ideas to help get you started.
We always tell ourselves that this is the year that we will lose weight. Get a jumpstart on this resolution with these items (clockwise, from top left).
- Get started on walking, running, trekking and general fitness with your own pair of Vibram Fivefingers such as this pair of Men’s Komodo Sport.
- While any old shirt and shorts will do in a pinch, clothes specially made for exercise can provide better comfort making your workout more enjoyable. They are typically made with special materials that absorb sweat better and dry faster. Some are even specially engineered to improve your performance! For starters, check out the Voit Jersey Set (White) from the Shopinas store, or the Carollton Standard shirt and Boca Crop pants, both from Thriv Natural Performance Gear.
- The time you spend during workouts will fly by with your favorite music. Get sturdy waterproof earbuds that will stand the test of time (and sweat) such as Philips SHQ3017/10.
Have you heard of the expression “you are what you eat”? Studies have shown that making better food decisions boosts your immune system, keeps you slim and fit (even without exercise!) and generally keeps your body in better shape. Time to throw away all that junk food and eat right. Here are some ideas (clockwise, from top left):
- Not all cooking oils are created equal. For a healthy cooking alternative, use either olive oil or coconut oil – even better if you can grab the extra virgin (first press) type. Oleum Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil are both available from Gana Vida.
- Time to ditch those unhealthily rich salad dressings like Ranch and Thousand Island. For a healthier option, drizzle balsamic vinegar over your greens or mix a small portion of balsamic vinegar with some extra virgin olive oil for your own homemade vinaigrette dressing. Aceto Balsamico is available from Gana Vida.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals, the malunggay plant which was once known as “the poor man’s vegetable” is now fondly called a “miracle tree”. Enrich any meal with vitamins from Moringa & More’s Malunggay Flakes. You can mix some malunggay flakes in your soup or salad dressing, add it to your bread mix, combine it with your rice – the possibilities are endless.
- Enjoy a cup of herbal tea at the end of your meal – and even between meals – to boost your immune system, cure a wide variety of ailments, and add more vitamins and minerals into your daily diet. Check out the wide range of herbal teas from Gourmet Farms.
What better way to start the new year than to throw away all the garbage you’ve accumulated and get an organization system going both at home and at work? Say goodbye to frantic searches amidst piles of rubbish for your car keys, favorite earrings, or a pen that actually works.
- This beautiful basket bin, lovingly made in Cebu, can be used for a variety of purposes: a stylish trash bin, an umbrella stand, a place for your newspapers and magazines, among others.
- Keep all your jewelry and accessories in one place, such as this lovely jewelry box from Cebu.
- If you’ve ever had to rummage in your bag for small items such as a ballpen, lipstick, house keys, or your packet of Smints, then the pitaka pouch from All Pinoy Mini Mart is for you. It’s perfect for holding together all these items so that you can easily find them anytime in your bag.
- When traveling, keep all your important travel documents organized in one place such as this Kris TV passport organizer.
- Never forget an important appointment, remind yourself of important errands to run and things to do, and jot down important notes using these beautiful Inaul handwoven notepads (refillable) from Davao.
Happy New Year!